Back to Base Warranty
Epson Australia Express Warranty
Australian Consumer Law Prescribed Statement
Our Products come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (“ACL”). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the Products repaired or replaced if they fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
This Express Warranty is in addition to other rights or remedies that You may have under the ACL in relation to your Product.
In this Express Warranty:
- “ACL” means the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 and Regulations.
- “Back to Base” is where you deliver your Product to and collect it from a Service Agent.
- “Consumable” includes (without limitation) ink cartridges, toner cartridges, paper, waste pads and lamps.
- “Epson Australia” means Epson Australia Pty Ltd ABN 91 002 625 783.
- “Factory Second” means a Product expressly sold by Epson Australia as a second.
- “Genuine” means manufactured by or for a member of the Seiko-Epson group of companies.
- “Product” means a Genuine Product sold new by Epson Australia, not being a Large Format Printer.
- “Marketing Initiative” includes any competition or promotion initiated by Epson Australia relating to a Product.
- “Purchase Date” means the date of first purchase of a Product from Epson Australia or a Stockist.
- “Specifications” means the performance characteristics of a Product set out from time to time on Epson Australia’s website.
- “Stockist” means a dealer, reseller or retailer of a Product.
- “Service Agent” means a person or company authorised by Epson Australia to provide Express Warranty service on a Product.
- “You” means the End User and “your” has a corresponding meaning.
Express Warranty Terms
Epson Australia offers a Back to Base Warranty on your Product subject to the following conditions.
Epson Australia warrants that your Product will be free from any defect in materials or workmanship for one (1) year (or, in case of a Factory Second, for six (6) months) after your Purchase Date.
At its discretion, Epson Australia will either repair or replace your Product, if it is found on inspection by Epson or a Service Agent to have any such defect within the relevant warranty period.
A Stockist who sells a Product to you has no authority from Epson Australia to give you any additional warranty or guarantee in relation to your Product or to make any statement other than what is contained in the Specifications) about:
- a Product’s performance or fitness for any specific purpose; or
- the currency or application of any Marketing Initiative.
Epson Australia will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage claimed to arise from your use of the Product. In particular (but without limitation) Epson Australia will not be liable for actual or expected revenue loss or for any corruption or loss of data claimed to arise from your use of the Product.
Express Warranty Claim Procedure
If you wish to make a claim under this Express Warranty, you must do the following:
- Call Epson Australia’s Contact Centre on 1300 361 054 to notify them of your claim;
- Return the Product, as far as possible in its original packaging, to a Service Agent, whose location will be advised by Epson Australia’s Contact Centre; and
- Provide a copy of your purchase receipt, or other reasonably acceptable evidence of your Purchase Date, to show that this Express Warranty applies to your Product at the date of your claim.
You will be required to pay the cost of delivering your Product to and collecting your Product from Epson Australia (or a Service Agent) for Express Warranty service.
Express Warranty Application
This Express Warranty applies only:
- To a Product sold by Epson Australia or by a Stockist; and
- You have not bought the Product for resale.
Express Warranty Exclusions
This Express Warranty will not apply if any of the following events occurs in relation to your Product during the applicable warranty period stated above:
- A Product’s serial number or any rating label is removed or changed in any way;
- A Product is serviced or repaired by anyone other than a Service Agent;
- You use a Product contrary to the technical or operating environment guidelines recommended in the Epson Australia user guide or manual;
- A component part of your Product, (including but without limitation its waste pads), reaches the end of its service life; or
- A Product’s malfunction or failure to perform according to Epson Australia’s specifications results from:
- deliberate or accidental damage;
- neglect or modification by or on behalf of an End User;
- the use of incorrect voltage or a power surge; or
- the use of non-Genuine Consumables, software, replacement parts or accessories.
If you use non-Genuine Consumables, software, replacement parts or accessories in or with your Product during the relevant warranty period, you may damage the Product and may consequently invalidate this Express Warranty.
Details of the Company giving this Express
Epson Australia Pty Ltd
3 Talavera Road
North Ryde NSW 2113
1300 361 054
New Zealand customers please refer to