SurePress - Digital Label Press Warranty
This Express Warranty is in addition to other rights or remedies that You may have under the Act in relation to your product.
In this Express Warranty:
- "Act" means the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
- "Consumables" include (without limitation) ink and moisture cartridges.
- "Consumables Parts" means parts that are routinely replaced due to wear and tear including (without limitation); front and rear curl suppression film, various and multiple platen cover sheets, brake assembly winder, filter frame.
- "End User" means the first purchaser of a Product from a Sales Agent authorised by Epson Australia to sell Product.
- "Epson Australia" means Epson Australia Pty Ltd ABN 91 002 625 783.
- "ERMS" means Epson Australia's Remote Monitoring System ,that allows Epson to collect and maintain user information for purposes of facilitating service and improving the performance of Products.
- "Explanatory Notes" means the notes attached to and to be read in conjunction with this warranty.
- "Genuine" means manufactured by or for a member of the Seiko-Epson group of companies.
- "Installation Date" means the date of installation of a Product at the premises of an End User by a Epson Australia or an authorised Sales Agent.
- "Life Expectancy" means the period for which a specified component is rated to last during normal usage in single shift environments.
- "Onsite" means at your business premises in an Australian city nominated in this Express Warranty.
- "Original Date of Installation" means the signature date displayed on the installation form.
- "Part" means a component of a Product.
- "Product" means one of the following industrial
products supplied new by Epson Australia:-
1.) Epson SurePress L-4033A Digital Label Press
2.) Epson SurePress L-4033AW Digital Label Press
- "Preventative Maintenance" means Epson Australia's recommended routine Product maintenance schedule (as advised during the installation process) at the cost of the End User, the current details of which are set out in the Explanatory Notes.
- "Marketing Initiative" includes any competition or promotion initiated by Epson Australia relating to a Product.
- "Purchase Date" means the date of a Product's first purchase from a Sales Agent.
- "Service Agent" means a person or company authorized by Epson Australia to repair a Product.
- "Sales Agent" means a person or company authorized by Epson Australia to sell a Product.
- "Specification" means a Product's performance characteristic and features as specified by Epson.
- "Standard Express Warranty" means the Product warranty described below.
- "Software" means software that is either used to operate the Product and is located on the touch screen panel attached to the Product or installed on components within located the Product itself.
- "User guide" means a document so titled that provides brief information and guidance on the operation of the Product for commonly performed functions.
- "User Manual" means a document so titled the provides comprehensive information and guidance on the operation of the Product.
- "Warranty" means the Standard Express Warranty.
- "You" means the End User and "your" has a corresponding meaning.
Express Warranty Terms
Subject to these conditions, Epson Australia offers an Express Warranty on your Product.
Any Sales Agent who sells a Product to you will act as principal and will have no authority to give you any additional Product warranty or guarantee or to make any statement on behalf of Epson Australia about:
- a Product's performance or fitness for any specific purpose; or
- the currency or application of any Marketing Initiative
Under this Express Warranty, Epson Australia will not be liable for any claimed consequential loss or any indirect or special damage arising from your use of the Product or any breach of this warranty. In particular (but without limitation) Epson Australia excludes any liability for actual or expected loss of revenue or profits, business interruption, loss or corruption of business information or data claimed to arise from your use of the Product.
Epson Australia warrants that your Product will be free from defects in materials or workmanship for one (1) year from:
- the original Installation Date
This warranty includes all Genuine Parts (excluding Consumables and Consumable Parts as shown in the Explanatory Notes) and labour. Consumable Parts must be purchased by you at Epson's then-current prices.
At its discretion, Epson Australia will either repair or replace a Product (with a Product to substantially the same or superior specifications) if it is found, on inspection by Epson or a Service Agent, to have any defect as outlined above. In the event that Epson chooses to replace a Product under this Express Warranty, only the unexpired balance of the Warranty for the replaced Product will apply to the replacement Product.
This Express warranty is limited to those software packages that carry the Epson logo, provided those packages are not modified (other than by an authorised Epson Australia representative). You are responsible for backing-up, or preserving the integrity of software generated data in the course of using the Epson software packages and during technical support. Epson Australia will not be liable for any loss of data arising from repairs or advice given on the use of the Epson provided software or hardware Products.
All warranty claims must be approved by Epson Australia before any warranty service work is performed. No such warranty service work can be performed except by an authorised Service Agent.
Repair work under the Standard Express Warranty (including Preventative Maintenance for a maximum of 2 attendances during the warranty period) will be carried out free of charge.
Express Warranty Claim Procedure
To make a claim under this Express Warranty, you must:
- First call either your Sales Agent or Epson Australia's Commercial and Industrial Support Centre (1300 132 790) to identify and rectify any fault (if possible).
- Should Epson Australia identify that the problem causing the fault is not directly related to a breach of this Express Warranty, it will redirect you to the Sales Agent from which you purchased your Product to assist in identifying and rectifying (if possible) any fault.
- If you are entitled to Warranty Service and if your Product is located in Sydney, Wollongong, Newcastle, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth, you will be entitled to receive Onsite Express Warranty service.
- If your Product is located outside of these Australian cities, you must pay the Service Agent's reasonable return travel and accommodation costs to provide you with On-site warranty service.
- If a Service Agent provides On-site warranty service but finds that any fault is not directly related to a breach of this Warranty (including, without limitation, failure to perform regular user level maintenance), you must pay its current service fee and its reasonable return travel and accommodation costs on a return basis (if applicable) to provide you with On-site warranty service.
Express Warranty Application
This Express Warranty applies only:
- To a Product sold to You by Epson Australia or by a Sales Agent;
- If You use the Product for your own business purposes;
- You have not bought the Product for resale.
- You operate the Product at its original Location at the time of installation, in a suitable environment, in compliance with the Product's environmental requirements and within Specification.
- You purchase only Genuine Epson Consumables and Consumable Parts needed for the Product
- You perform regular maintenance as prescribed in the User Manual.
- You purchase and install Epson-recommended Consumable Parts as called for in the User Manual.
- You make the Product available for service when scheduled or requested by Epson or its Agent. And provide full access to Product, with adequate working space, storage space, and facilities, including heat, light, ventilation, electric current and power outlets.
Express Warranty Exclusions
This Warranty will not apply if any of the following events occurs during the warranty period:
- A Product's serial number or any rating label is removed or changed in anyway;
- A Product is serviced, repaired or modified other than by Epson or its authorised Service Agent;
- You have installed or used a Product contrary to the technical or operating guidelines recommended in its User guide or Manual;
- A component Part of your product has reached or exceeded its Life Expectancy.
- A fault occurs in any parts, materials or products not supplied by Epson;
- Any fault or damage caused by using non Genuine ink/fluid cartridges for the Product, or any ink delivery system other than the Genuine ink delivery system built into the Product.
- Any fault or damage due to the quality of media used, including (but without limitation)
- damage to the Product's print head caused by media imperfections such as variations in thickness;
- improper storage of media before use in the Product; or
- improper installation or setting of media in the Product.
- Any fault or damage caused by third-party software, applications, parts, components or peripheral devices not provided by Epson with the Product.
- Any fault or damage due to using filters, solvents, or other supplies not meeting Specifications.
- Any fault or damage caused by neglecting or improperly performing user level maintenance as documented in the Manual.
- Any fault or damage caused by misuse, abuse, improper installation, neglect, fire, flood, lightning, electrical surges or incorrect currents, disasters or acts of God.
- Any colour change or fading of printed output.
- Any fault or damage caused by the use of non-recommended materials, tools, liquids or fluids when performing user maintenance.
- Any fault or damage from your failure to procure, install, or have maintenance performed on Product or items not covered by this Warranty and on all non-Epson communications media and peripherals including without limitation transmission lines, networks, telephone, and telegraph equipment for the remote transmission of data.
- Any fault or damage arising from operator error.
- Any operator supplies or accessories, paint, or refinishing of the Equipment.
- Any electrical or mechanical work not related to Product maintenance, or any, installation, removal of accessories, attachments, or other devices not supplied by Epson Australia.
- Any alteration to the configuration of the Product not authorised by Epson Australia or a Sales Agent.
- A Product's malfunction or failure to perform to Specifications results from:
- deliberate or accidental damage including damage in transit, by insects/pests, through liquid spillage, or through any other improper use or mishandling by the End User; or
- any form of computer virus; or
- any parts require repair or replacement as a result of normal wear and tear, corrosion or stain.
Epson Australia advises that if you use non-genuine Consumables, software, Parts, Consumable Parts or accessories, you may cause damage to your Product that may invalidate this Warranty and you may incur the current cost of Parts, travel and labour for a Service Agent to repair or attempt to repair such damage.
These following notes form part of Epson's Standard Express Warranty and are to be read in conjunction with the other terms and conditions of this warranty.
Details of the company giving this Express
Epson Australia Pty Ltd
3 Talavera Road, North Ryde, NSW 2113.
Phone 02 8899 3666
Technical Downloads: http://tech.epson.com.au/
For customers looking to cover their Epson Product with a service contract, Epson provides assistance to its Sales Agent for the provision for this type of contract. Epson recommends contacting its Sales Agent for details and prices.
Preventative Maintenance (PM)
Preventative Maintenance is required to maintain your product in a good state of repair so as to minimize the need for more costly major repair work. The life of your product can also be prolonged through routine preventive maintenance.
During the warranty period Epson will perform two (2) preventative maintenance service work on Product. These visits will occur at six (6) monthly intervals starting from the original installation date with the first visit scheduled for the sixth (6th) month. Epson will contact you closer to your first (1st) visit and arrange date and time to perform such service work.
All future preventative maintenance service beyond the warranty period will be performed at charge to you and be provided by Epson's Service Agent.
NOTE: AFTER THE WARRANTY PERIOD HAS EXPIRED, EPSON RECOMMENDS YOU TO MAINTAIN ROUTINE PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE SERVICE WORK AT SIX MONTHLY INTERVALS. PLEASE ASK YOUR SALES AGENT FOR PRICE AND DETAILS RELATING TO PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE FOR YOUR PRODUCT.
Epson Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday from 8.30am to 6.00pm (AEST), excluding Public Holidays. Epson may change this period without notice. Upon request and Epson's prior approval, Epson will provide service outside its normal hours of operation at Epson's then-current field service rates.
Epson Remote Monitoring System (ERMS)
Epson Remote Monitoring System (ERMS) is software developed by Epson for remote monitoring of Product. By utilising a simple internet connection, product specific data is sent to Epson for the purpose of remotely diagnosing any technical issues or faults you might be experiencing with Product. ERMS allows Epson to get you up and running in a shorter timeframe, without the need to come out onsite to inspect and repair your Product.
Where remote (electronic) access is provided, software patches and work-arounds, when available and of practical file size, shall be provided via electronic download. In all other cases the software will be provided on the applicable media.
Standard Service Response Rate
Epson Australia will use its best efforts to return your telephone request for warranty service within one (1) hour of your call, and to provide on-site service within eight (8) business hours of the time that Epson has determined the service is necessary. These times are targets and not firm guarantees. Failure to connect Epson Remote Monitoring System (ERMS) may also impact on service response times.
Epson Australia recommends the following specifications for Product operation;
Air conditioned, clean room
Temperature (while Printing)
Humidity (while Printing)
Heat Ventilation System
Required (Ask Epson for recommended configuration)
Stability of Floor
Floor must be rated for 400kg per sqm
Operational Space Required
6.7m x 3.2m
AC (3 phases 3 lines) 200V
Input Voltage Range
Rated voltage ± 10% (180-220V)
Note: A transformer maybe required to meet above specification.
The following products are defined as consumable parts and are required to be replaced when visibly damaged or stained.
FILM, CURL SUPPRESSION, REAR; B, ASP
FILM, CURL SUPPRESSION, FRONT; B, ASP
COVER, SHEET, PLATEN, ASP
COVER, SHEET, PLATEN, B, ASP
COVER, SHEET, PLATEN, C, ASP
COVER, SHEET, PLATEN, D, ASP
COVER, SHEET, PLATEN, E, ASP
BRAKE, ASSY., WINDER, ASP
FILTER, FRAME, ASP